Basically, it’s my own version of the “sacred BLT” (without the L and I fear spinach wouldn’t do….), perfect for lunch when I have time to prepare a dough and bake it! With or without cheese, it always goes in one sitting!
Baguette dough, medium size:
I did mine in my bread machine, dough setting, mine is liquid in first:
- 315ml water
- Sprinkle over 450g bread flour, covering all the liquid (white or wholewheat as preferred)
- Add in separate corners: 1½tsp salt and 1½ tsp easy-blend dried yeast
Once cycle over, I knocked it back gently onto a floured surface, shaped it into a ball and rolled it out into a rectangular baking tray directly because once filled, it is very difficult to move!
Staring at the bottom, lengthways, sprinkle your first ingredient and roll
and so on, rolling up after each addition
whichever way you prefer, but if using cheese, make it last to seal the dough
Seal and cover with lightly greased cling film, and leave for 30 to 45mn in a warm place
- Preheat oven to 230°C/ 210°fan/ Gas 8
- Slash the top of your bread several times with a knife
- Place at the top of the oven , spray the inside of the oven with water and bake for 20 to 25mn, or until golden
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool for a good 10 to 15mn before slicing