As part of my Courgette day, to accompany the puff potato and courgette pie…. clearly I had an abundance of courgettes!
For this one, I was inspired by a recipe from Anna Olson and made it my own…. I will add the American measurements which I used this time as many times have I heard it doesn’t work the same… it does!
- 1/2 cup melted butter – 125g
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2/3 cup sugar – 130g ( I mixed in light brown for colour)
- 1 to 2 tsp of finely grated orange zest: as you prefer but you don’t want it to overpower the taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup flour – 200g
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ salt
- ½ tsp ground vanilla
- 1 ½ cup grated courgettes, loosely packed
- chocolate chips, as little or as much as wanted
as in: https://farandoleofcakes.com/2014/07/17/banana-cake-with-streusel-topping/ but substitute 1 tbsp of cocoa powder with flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 160°fan/ Gas 4 and grease or line a loaf tin
- Beat the butter, eggs, sugar, zest and vanilla extract together in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and vanilla powder
- Stir in the courgette to coat it with the flour
- Add this to the wet mixture, stirring until just blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips (if using) and scrape the batter into the prepared pan
- Top evenly with streusel
- Bake in the oven for 50 to 60mn, until tester comes out clean
- Cool the cake completely in the pan until turning out to