I made these when the boys were on holidays. It ticked all the right boxes: chocolate, custard and crumble! And they look luscious! Not only that, they are dead easy to make!
- Cold custard made with 200ml of milk
- 175g softened butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150g self-raising flour, sifted
- 25g cocoa powder, sifted
- Rub together 50g flour+40g diced butter, at room temperature
- Stir in 15g vanilla sugar (2 sachets) + 1tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 160°fan/ Gas 4 and prepare a baking pan 30cm×20cm / 12″x8″
- Place the butter, sugar, eggs, flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl and beat until smooth and creamy
- Spoon into the prepared pan and level with a spatula
- Drop small dollops of the custard over the top, swirling into the chocolate mixture
- Scatter the topping over the top
- Bake for 30 to 35mn and leave to cool in the pan
- Dust with icing sugar and cut into 12 generous squares!