You could be forgiven for thinking that I must feed my children solely with cakes or cookies but it isn’t so! I do like cooking in general but it would have to be an unusual savoury recipe for me to want to share here…. as it was at the week-end! Not the recipe itself: a pizza! but with a twist…. Camera was at the ready! I was inspired by a video seen on line, brioche and Nutella of all things and I actually decided to go savoury on this one! Wonders never cease!
I won’t bore you with the details, I did mine in my bread machine, dough setting, mine is liquid in first:
- 420ml water + 45ml or 3 tbsp olive oil
- Sprinkle over 675g bread flour, covering all the liquid
- Add in separate corners: 3tsp salt, 1½ tsp sugar and 1½ tsp easy-blend dried yeast
Once cycle over, I knocked it back gently onto a floured surface:
I divided the dough in 4 rolls, working one at a time, covering the others aside.
Base: the first one, I rolled wide enough to cover my pizza stone, onto a baking sheet, checking the size before warming the stone up in the oven, preheating at 220°/ 200°fan
Cover in your preferred pizza tomato sauce:
Second Roll: try and roll it to the same size so it covers your base:
My boys wanted bacon bits and I used shop-bought grated mozzarella as a middle layer:
Third Roll: same again, cover on top and S’more cheese, it is a pizza after all!
Fourth Roll: Roll and cover your last layer. Now the fun begins!
- Place a glass upside down in the middle of your pizza and cut 4 quarters
- Take 2 slices in each hand and twist twice, going opposite way ( right hand goes right and left hand goes left)
- Do the same all around your glass
- More grated cheese: I keep telling you, it is a pizza!
Just perfect, it fed all of us (4) with one “petal” spare…. I know what I’m having for lunch!