Another day, another Brownie recipe….This one has been tried and tested numerous times now, I am playing catch up with my blog today…a definite winner, I have adapted it from Lorraine Pascale, after watching “baking made easy”, one night…. Crispy on the outside and just melt in the mouth. Simply Amazing!
- 165g melted butter
- 200g grated plain, dark chocolate
- 3 eggs + 2 yolks
- 130g to 150g caster sugar ( I have done it with as little and as much!), 10g of which vanilla sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 150g oreo biscuits, broken up roughly
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 160°fan/ Gas 4 and prepare a baking pan 30×20/ 12″x8″
- Melt the butter and pour over the grated chocolate. Gently mix together until it makes a glossy cream and set aside
- Using a stand mixer (highly recommended for this stage as it takes a while), whip up all the eggs together until they have trebled in size and thickened like a mousse (I just left it for 5mn)
- Add half the sugar and mix , then the rest and mix again until thick and glossy
- Take the bowl off as the rest is done by hand
- On the side round the bowl, put the flour, cocoa, salt and melted chocolate.
- Fold in gently but thoroughly, beware pockets of flour hidden.
- Mix in 2/3 of the biscuits and pour into prepared pan
- Bake in the oven for 25mn. Depending on your oven it might need a couple more minutes: slight wobble in the middle (don’t wait until it’s firm!), some cracks at the top and sides coming away from the pan
- Leave to cool completely in the pan
Today I decide to experiment on the recipe and replaced the melted chocolate with mashed bananas and cocoa powder with vanilla powder.
Didn’t rise as much and I was a little skeptical when I took them out of the oven but it actually works! Rather yummy!