I have always been on the lookout for that perfect cookie: crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, but above all, one that does not go flat in the oven… I believe I found it!
- 25g butter, diced
- 175g dark chocolate, broken
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 40g self raising flour
- Either chopped nuts, chocolate chips, etc….100g of
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 160°fan/ Gas 4 and get 2 baking trays ready
- In a small pan, melt the chocolate and butter together, slowly, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Set aside to cool slightly
- In a large bowl, cream together egg and sugar
- Add the chocolate mixture, vanilla, flour and chips or else chosen, and mix with a wooden spoon
- Using a spoon or an ice cream scooper (small or medium size, depending on how many you want!), drop the mixture on the trays, well spaced (about 12)
- Bake in the oven for about 11 to 13mn: the cookies look swollen and cracked as on the photo, but only just
- Cool down on a wire rack immediately
Frankly, I love my ice cream scoopers whenever baking cookies. So much easier to handle, I never regretted their purchase! Might as well go for the trio: small, medium and large… you never know, you might even use them for ice cream!